“What is this?
Smells like piss…
Looks like piss…
This is piss. Piss with ink…” – Johnny during the “Pirelli’s Miracle Elixir” song.
11 years ago, today (December 18), “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: The Motion Picture
Soundtrack” was released worldwide. The album was produced by Mike Higham,
written by Stephen Sondheim and Johnny’s vocal was produced by his friend, Bruce Witkin. For the first time in his life, Johnny was showing the world that beyond being an amazing actor, he was giving his first step as an amazing singer.
> ABOUT THE ALBUM:
The album was released in two slightly
different editions: The “Deluxe Complete
Edition” and the “Highlight Edition”,
in digital format worldwide and physical in some countries, such as in the USA,
Canada, Japan, some countries in Europe and Australia.
The Deluxe Complete Edition has 20 tracks, all of them mixing the spoken
lines by the characters with the song. Includes an 80-page full color booklet with
lyrics, photographs and 3 bonus tracks:
* Alms! Alms! by Laura Michelle Kelly (Lucy Barker/Beggar Woman)
Ladies In Their Sensitivities by Timothy Spall (Beadle Bamford)
Final Scene by Helena Bonham Carter (Mrs. Lovett), Johnny (Sweeney
Todd), Laura Michelle Kelly (Lucy Barker/Beggar Woman) and Alan Rickman (Judge Turpin)
Ps: The “Final Scene” song, lengths for 10 minutes and 21 seconds and
covers the final 13 minutes of the movie in a slightly different version, cutting
some dialogues, secondary sounds such as rats and water, and some scenes,
such as the final meeting between Judge Turpin and Todd, Todd almost killing Johanna,
Mrs. Lovett finding Turpin’s body and Todd recognizing who was the Beggar Woman,
were omitted and shortened.
The Highlight Edition has 17 tracks, and all the songs has the spoken lines
by the characters omitted, making the songs slightly shorter than the
Deluxe Edition and the ones in the movie.
1) Opening Title
2) No Place Like London (Johnny Depp, Jamie Campbell Bower)
3) The Worst Pies in London (Helena Bonham Carter)
4) Poor Thing (Helena Bonham Carter)
5) My Friends (Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter)
6) Green Finch and Linnet Bird (Jayne Wisener)
7) Alms! Alms! (Laura Michelle Kelly)
[Only in the Deluxe Edition*]
8) Johanna (Jamie Campbell Bower)
9) Pirelli’s Miracle Elixir (Edward Sanders, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham
10) The Contest (Sacha Baron Cohen)
11) Wait (Helena Bonham Carter)
12) Ladies in Their Sensitivities (Timothy Spall) [Only in the Deluxe Edition*]
13) Pretty Women (Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman)
14) Epiphany (Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter)
15) A Little Priest (Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp)
16) Johanna (Reprise) (Jamie Campbell Bower, Johnny Depp, Laura
17) God, That’s Good! (Edward
Sanders, Helena Bonham Carter)
18) By the Sea (Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp)
19) Not While I’m Around (Edward Sanders, Helena Bonham Carter)
20) Final Scene (Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp, Laura Michelle Kelly, Alan Rickman)
[Only in the Deluxe Edition*]
If you guys have Spotify, you can listen both editions:
> HIGHLIGHTS EDITION
> DELUXE EDITION
Ps. Next, December 21, I’ll post the “Release of the Day” post to celebrate the day the movie was released in the USA!